Pages

A Toast to 2014

With only about a day and a half of 2014 left, I can't help but think about what a year this has been.  So much has happened -- I think more so this year than any other year in the past (or so it seems).  I traveled, graduated law school, passed the Maryland Bar Exam, watched some of my best friends marry their best friends, became certified as a spin instructor, went through a rough break up, got sworn in as an attorney in Maryland, started a new job that I love, made new friends, and learned a lot about myself individually ...just to name a few.  Although 2015 probably will not be as eventful academically and professionally, I have no doubt that it will be another fantastic year.  I already have some exciting things planned for the year and I can't wait to get 2015 started!

I thought it would be fun to do a year in review to highlight some of my fondest memories from 2014.  Some of these are all over the place, but I think you'll get the picture: 2014 was an awesome year. 


January kicked off a year of many "lasts" as I started my last semester of law school.  I also picked a New Year's resolution that I probably didn't keep, got asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend Tara's wedding, and took a trip to Miami with one of my best friends to see a great couple tie the knot. 




February was about friends.  I took my friend Megan to her first Washington Capitals hockey game and celebrated my best friend Lauren's quarter of a century birthday in DC.

 



March had another "last:" my last Barrister's Ball (a.k.a. law school prom).  My house also flooded, which I truly believe is something everyone should have to experience at some point in their lives (sorry).




April was a month of some serious soul-searching.  I decided I hated love and swore off relationships forever.  But on a brighter note, I accomplished something I had been working very hard towards for several months: I became a certified spin instructor!




May marked the last of all of my law school obligations.  I took my last law school final and graduated magna cum laude on May 19th.  I also worked my last day at a law firm that I absolutely love, took shots of Jack Daniels with my 88-year-old grandmother, and celebrated love at my friend Allie's bridal shower. 

 




June was challenging.  I began studying tirelessly for the Maryland Bar Exam, and about three weeks in to my eight week course wondered how the hell I was going to survive through the end of July.  Somewhere in between the 15 hours of studying a day I managed to help plan a bridal shower for my dear friend Kelsie.

 



July was even more challenging.  I thought I hit my breaking point with the studying, but that was all over on July 29th & 30th when I took the Bar exam and walked out of the Baltimore Convention Center feeling totally and completely brain dead.  




I can describe August in one word: BUSY.  I pretty much slept and regrouped for the first three or four days of the month and then slowly started to pick up things where I left off pre-Bar studying.  I turned 25, spent a weekend celebrating Allie's last few weeks before saying "I do," and started a new job.  I also stood by Kelsie's side as she married her best friend, and then stood by my friend Kristen's side moments after she said "yes" to the man of her dreams!





September was still busy!  I spent most of my time trying to fix a broken relationship, which proved to be unsuccessful.  I went to the first home Ravens game of the season, treated myself to a new iPhone 6, and then went on quite possibly the most fun bachelorette weekend in history. 

 



October added several wives to my group of friends as I watched Allie and Tara marry two awesome men.  Eric Church stole my heart (as always) at his concert in Philadelphia, and oh yeah, I passed that silly Bar exam. ;)



                                 






November was about thanks.  After thinking about it for several months, I finally started this blog and kicked it off with #20daysofthanks.  I also took a trip with my family to New York for Thanksgiving and was reminded how important my family is. 

                          
                                                                             














December, you have been the best month of 2014 by far.  I have done so many exciting and fun things this month that I can't even attempt to summarize them into one post.  But some highlights: my roommates and I purchased and decorated our first real Christmas tree together, I was sworn in as an attorney (officially) in Maryland, and I watched my Ravens make it to the 2014-15 NFL playoffs live at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore!

 



I have two words for 2015 ... GOOD LUCK!  
Cheers to another fantastic year with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment