Pages

Cider + Whiskey

Like any other basic bitch, one of my favorite things about fall is a fun and festive drink.  Well, I love whiskey, and one of my favorite fall drinks is apple cider, so naturally I decide to mix the two every year right around this time.  Usually, I am perfectly content with cold apple cider with a shot or two of whiskey mixed in, but this Thanksgiving I upped my game a bit.  I traveled to New York for the holiday, and because it was so cold I decided I needed a little something to warm me up!  



If you haven't done so already, here is what you need to do: purchase some fresh apple cider (the good stuff from a local orchard or farm, not any wannabe ciders) and a bottle of Jack Daniels (or, if you're like me, you have three + bottles at your house already), pour a couple cups of the cider in a saucepan, turn on your stove, drop in a cinnamon stick, wait five or so minutes, and mix that with some whiskey in a big mug.

Ok, I promise it's not that complicated, and I know this is no novel idea by any means.  But, I have to say the cinnamon stick really takes the drink to an entirely new level -- absolutely delicious!  I know what I'm drinking this weekend, and I hope you give it a try too!  

Cheers to cider and whiskey!

No comments:

Post a Comment