Pages

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend this was!  Friday night I celebrated the holidays with my fellow group fitness instructors from my gym at Supano's in Baltimore and may have over-served myself slightly ;).  Saturday was filled with helping my good friend Kelsie setup and get organized for her and her husband's first annual holiday party, and then also making an appearance at another friend's holiday party later in the evening.  

I have to compliment Kelsie's party and how spectacular everything was.  She did an amazing job with the decorations, menu, drinks, and really just the overall party.  I of course snapped some pictures of everything she made so I could share her ideas on here in case any of you are planning your very own holiday parties and need some ideas!  Here are some of my favorites:


Their adorably-decorated house

Grinch kabobs - how cute are these?!  A green grape, banana slice and strawberry on a toothpick.  These were supposed to have a mini marshmallow on top of the strawberry as part of the "hat," but we ran out of room on the toothpick putting these together.  Still think they turned out great!

A chili bar, which quickly became the hit of the food table throughout the evening.


Hot chocolate bar with mini marshmallows, candy cane bits, white chocolate chips, and Rumplemintz for those feeling extra adventurous (i.e.: me).  This was my first time adding Rumplemintz to my hot chocolate -- amazing!

Individual cookies & milk on the dessert table

Her place cards, which were three mini candy canes wrapped together with a red ribbon -- so adorable.  Also the reindeer chow was just the standard puppy chow recipe with some red and green m&ms mixed in.


The girls and our very ugly Christmas sweaters


The party was a great time and definitely put me in the Christmas spirit :)  Nothing makes me happier than spending the weekend with great friends and delicious food.  This weekend was full of both, and I'm looking forward to the next few weekends filled with more of the same.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment