Pages

Friday Favorites

This week's favorites are somewhat holiday-themed, as I finally am getting in the Christmas spirit!  I think the fact that Thanksgiving was so late this year threw me off and I didn't even realize how quickly December/Christmas were approaching.  I had a fantastic week this week for so many reasons, and I am excited to share this week's five favorites. 



ONE




Decorating my house with my roommates has been so fun!  I definitely am the least creative out of the three of us, but it was fun to each do a little bit to make our house feel so homey and warm for Christmas.  I won't want to put away all of the decorations at the end of this month!




TWO



A dinner date with my dear friend, Chelsea, and her adorable toddler, Liam (guilty of using an old picture for this favorite).  I met Chelsea during my junior year in college, and she has been a dear friend ever since.  Two years ago, I went to her absolutely beautiful wedding, then watched her become a mom to baby Liam, and now she is expecting their second baby - this time a girl!  Obviously, our days are a little bit different (Liam has a TON of energy and, in Chelsea's words, is a "daredevil"), but that hasn't stopped us from staying friends and hanging out just like old times.  She invited me over for dinner and three hours later we still were chatting away on the couch.  I am so thankful to have such a special friend.




THREE



The Angel Tree Program.  This year, my judge and administrative assistant and I all decided that we would "select" an Angel Family from our courthouse's Angel Tree instead of exchanging gifts between the three of us.  This was music to my ears for several reasons - first of all, buying gifts for your boss and co-workers is nearly impossible; and second, I think programs like this are so important around the holidays.  Usually right around this time of year I start to feel like I have not been charitable enough, and I start rushing around to find some way to give to those in need.  The Angel Tree Program provides clothes, gifts and "wished-for" toys for local families in need.  We picked a family with a 5-year-old girl, Shianayah, who asked Santa for a baby doll and clothes.  I remember how much I loved baby dolls when I was this age, so I had a lot of fun picking one out for her.  This program is really special and I am so glad we chose to participate this year.




FOUR




Gavin DeGraw seemed to take a hiatus from the music world for a bit, so I was thrilled when I heard this new song a couple of weeks ago.  I particularly enjoy playing this song for my Sunday morning spin class.




FIVE


Have you ever shopped at Pink Pineapple Shop?  If not, you MUST go check it out.  I purchased this necklace about two years ago from PPS and always break it out around the holidays (I'll be sporting it tonight to a holiday party).  I love all of the accessories at PPS, AND if you shop on their site today by 5pm this necklace and several others are only $23!!  Check out the awesome sale here.


Here's to kicking off a great weekend ...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment