Pages

The Row House Grille

The Row House Grille is somewhat of a hidden gem in Baltimore.  Located at the corner of Light and Gittings Streets, it is a little bit out of the way from the cluster of bars in central Fed Hill.  That is partly why I ventured over there this past weekend.  If you live in Fed Hill, you know that the bars/restaurants get very old, very quickly.  I am coming up on four years living in the area so I have exhausted just about every food and drink option around .... twice.  

I have been to Row House a few times in the past so I was excited to go back this past weekend when I went for lunch with a friend.  

Great things about Row House:

  • AUCD mimosas, bloodies & sangria from 10-2:30 on Saturdays & Sundays for $14.  One mimosa will cost you $7, so it doesn't take a mathematician to realize this is a great deal.  Plus, these are no joke mimosas - they are served in pint glasses and there is no skimping on the champagne.
  • Brunch offerings: their menu is pretty great and offers a little bit of just about everything.  I wasn't in the mood for breakfasty foods on Sunday, but fear not, they had something to cater to my lunch palate.  Plenty of options to please anyone.
  • Buffalo chicken cupcakes.  These are new to the menu (not listed online yet).  Like most decadent brunch offerings, I was unable to try these but they sure did look delicious!  Cornbread "muffin" on the bottom, topped with shredded buffalo chicken, and then smothered with a blue cheese "icing."  My friend ordered these and pretty much was licking the plate by the end!
  • Happy hour specials: Monday-Friday from 4-7pm and Saturdays & Sundays from 3-6pm.  Drinks are 2-for-1 and select appetizers are $7 - you really cannot beat that deal.  This worked out perfectly on Sunday because almost as soon as the AUCD brunch deal was over, the Sunday afternoon HH specials kicked in!  Theoretically, you could get drunk there from 10am-6pm on the weekend and probably manage to spend less than $30 doing so.  Additionally, they have daily specials each night that you should check out.  I think Mondays are Oyster night, Wednesdays are burgers & beer, and Thursdays are half-priced bottles of wine - but don't quote me on all of these.  You really can go any day or night of the week and manage a great deal!

The bartender was friendly and attentive (though, admittedly, I cannot recall his name) and took great care of us during our visit.  Two big screen tvs right at the bar made watching basketball and the Caps hockey game easy and enjoyable!

I don't have too many negative things to say about Row House.  I ordered the grilled salmon salad, which was a bed of baby spinach, topped with quinoa, carrots, broccoli, shitake mushrooms, and green peppers.  It was fresh and delicious but I was not a fan of the dressing.  I believe it was some sort of basil vinaigrette, but it tasted more like pureed grass to me.  I suggest ordering the salad with a side of the balsamic instead.  

If you catch yourself around Fed Hill anytime soon, stop by Row House and give it a try!   And if you think about it, let me know how your experience goes.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment