Pages

Friday Favorites

It's that time of the week again ... five of my favorites from the week!

One


Even though this "technically" is from this past weekend, celebrating my friend Jenna's birthday in Atlantic City definitely tops the list of my favorites!  I had never been to Atlantic City so this was a real treat for me and I had a B-L-A-S-T.


Two


You absolutely need to go pick up some of this Naobay lotion.  I know I post about lotions often, but this might be my favorite brand so far.  Texture is awesome - not too greasy or thick - and the scent is amazing!  I wish I could tell you what it smells like but I think it is its own unique scent.


Three


Oven baked chicken salad that is simple yet delicious.  This is one of my favorite meals and, as you can see in the picture, I am not afraid to serve myself hearty portions.  I'm not kidding about how simple this recipe is either ...

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked chicken (the original recipe I used calls for cubed chicken, but I buy a rotisserie chicken and pull that apart so it is somewhere between shredded and cubed)
  • 1.5 cups diced celery
  • 1.5 cups toasted bread crumbs 
  • 1/2 cu mayonnaise (I use 1/2 cup light sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise)
  • 2 tablespoons grated onion
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • salt to taste
Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and bake in a lightly-greased casserole dish at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.


Four


Have you heard this one yet?  Holy amazing.  Feel like it's going to be a YouTube sensation pretty shortly.  Two of my favorite songs mashed together.  Hello, repeat.


Five


Sushi date with my wonderful dad last night!  We tried a new(ish) restaurant in McHenry Row in Baltimore called Umi Sake (note -- that link takes you to their other location in Cockeysville because the site for the McHenry Row location is not up and running yet.  Everything appears to be the same!)  Thought we were going in for just a few appetizers and a glass or two of wine and we ended up ordering $81 worth of sushi and drinks -- well worth it though!  They have great happy hour specials and I was thoroughly impressed with the sushi.  I'll definitely be going back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment