Pages

Friday Favorites

We made it through the first week of February!!  Hard to believe it.  I have so many random life things (laundry, errands, cleaning, organizing, etc.) to catch up on over the weekend, but I have a busy and FUN weekend planned so those things will have to wait.  Tonight, one of my best friends, Elene, is visiting me in Baltimore from Boston and I am SO excited to see her!  I have not seen her since October, so we will have a lot to catch up on for sure.  Tomorrow morning I hit the road for Atlantic City with a group of girls to celebrate my friend Jenna's birthday.  I have never been out in AC so I am a little nervous but a LOT excited.  

Here are five of my favorite things from the week ...



One
Macademia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner.  I will admit, I am VERY skeptical about 2-in-1 hair products because I worry they will leave my hair tangled and greasy.  Not this product.  In my opinion, this is more like a 4-in-1 product.  My hair is soft, less frizzy, more shiny, and I swear it dries quicker.  Super easy to use and WELL worth the $33.  Pick up a bottle at Ulta here.


Two
A surprise baby basket for one of my co-workers.  My fellow clerks and I each chipped in for this "grab basket" of baby gifts for our co-clerk and his wife, Kerry.  They are expecting their first baby, a girl (if you couldn't tell), due on St. Patrick's Day.  We had so much fun picking out all sorts of little goodies for baby Olivia, and Patrick & Kerry were thrilled and surprised with the basket.  We had trouble fitting everything in the pink polka dot basket we picked up, so it isn't the most "organized" gift I've ever given.  I love this idea way more than pulling something off of a registry.  You can find some amazing deals at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target, etc. and get so many cute things for a great price.



Three
You probably have figured out by now that I am such a sucker for articles.  Sappy, inspiring, motivating - you name it, I like to read it.  My dear friend Lauren sent me this article this week when I was a little down on myself about some things, and it totally opened my eyes to the important things in life.  I realized that I have been focusing entirely too much on the negative things in my life when I really should be happy and grateful for the positive things and how fortunate I am.  It is a pretty short article so give it a read and I guarantee you will be counting your blessings by the end of it.



Four

Big fan of Imagine Dragons and I just discovered their song "Shots" this week.  They continue to release some great tunes.  Hope you enjoy this one!




Five


Sweater Flounce Skirt from Ann Taylor - a.k.a. the most versatile A-line skirt to ever exist.  I got this skirt for Christmas (actually, I got two - one in black and one in a deep maroon color) and I LOVE it.  It is the most comfortable skirt and you can dress it up or down with just about anything.  I am 5'11" and the skirt falls on me right about where it does in the picture of the model.  I have been wearing it to work with tights and pairing it with a blouse or a sweater (yes, I have worn it twice this week already - guilty!).  The cut/shape of the skirt is super flattering and I love the soft material.  Can you tell I can't get enough of this skirt??  You can snag one for yourself online for only $40 right now (reduced from $80!).



Hope you all have exciting things planned for this weekend, too!  Looking forward to sharing my crazy adventures from this weekend (I am sure there will be plenty) with you all next week.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment