Pages

Giving Thanks :)




Welcome to my inaugural blog!  

I thought it was appropriate to get this started as we approach Thanksgiving week.  If you have seen any of my last twenty or so Instagram posts, you know that I have a lot to be thankful for: my supportive family, friends who keep me grounded, a job that I enjoy and look forward to each day, a home that I have made my own, and opportunities which I have worked very hard for.  Here is just a glimpse of some of what I am thankful for:

My incredible parents
The courthouse I am lucky enough to work in every day
   
My friend Lauren -- friends since age 10!
   
A great group of high school friends         

And college friends


My freshman year buddy Kristen
                                                
My wonderful friend Elene          
                                
And of course my best friend Emily


I also am thankful and excited for the opportunity to share my ideas, experiences and daily ramblings on here with you!  Now that I have semi-settled in at my "new" job, I have decided to share my journeys with total -- ok, maybe not total -- strangers.  Who knows if anyone actually will read this blog, but it is a way for me to share my thoughts and document interesting (and not so interesting) events. 

Before the drum roll, I need to pause for a moment and acknowledge and give special thanks to the amazing ladies in my life who I am blessed to call my best friends.  You all listen to me vent when I am sad or overwhelmed; hold my hand through breakups (more so lately than ever) and my hair during those weekends that I am not so proud of; laugh with me; cry with me; slap some sense into me when I need it; support me through all of my studies and endeavors; love me at my darkest moments; and congratulate me on my achievements.  

I have learned that as we grow older and life gets in the way it is more and more difficult to keep in touch with friends regularly.  Fortunately (well, sometimes), I have about a 45-minute commute each way to and from work every day, so that is time I use to catch up with my friends.  But even when I go a few days, a week, two weeks, or even sometimes a month without chatting with one of my friends, I know we can pick up right where we left off.  I am eternally grateful for these friendships.

So, this is to you: my roommates (old and new), confidants, companions, partners in crime, drinking buddies, mentors, and truly my best friends.  I love you all!

Let the blogging begin ... Cheers!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! Can't wait to follow along girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey newbie! Welcome and get ready for a really fun adventure! So excited to be following along! Make sure to check out this post - great minds think alike! http://www.virginiasweet.com/2014/11/grateful-for-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, that is incredible -- oh my goodness! Great minds really do think alike. Thanks for checking my page out, and looking forward to keeping up with your fun adventures, too! :)

      Delete