Pages

Five Favorites on Friday

Happy Friday!!  I don't know if anyone else has felt like this has been a long week, but it sure has felt that way to me!  Maybe it's the abnormally cold weather and the fact that it gets dark so early now that makes the days feel so much longer.  I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with some friends and family and hopefully lots of snuggle time on my couch :)

To make Fridays a little more fun, I have decided to share my five favorite things from the week!  


ONE


"Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran.  I have been pretty obsessed with this song for a while now, but I finally heard it on the radio this week so I am hoping it becomes his next hit.  Some days I can't listen to it because the floodgates will open, but other days I can blast it on repeat.  Enjoy :)



TWO


A happy hour date with this guy (obviously I pulled an old picture for this one).  Life was a little stressful for me this week, so I knew I could count on my dad to cheer me up and talk things through with me.  Sure enough, he lived up to my expectations and offered valuable advice as always.



THREE



Hersh's Pizza in Baltimore.  I ate there for the first time on Monday for my roommate's birthday and totally indulged.  I had heard of the restaurant before, but it's a little bit out of the way from my "usual" spots, so I had never ventured down to south Federal Hill to give it a try -- boy am I glad I did!  My personal favorites on their menu: wood-fired shrimp & calamari, fries alla carbonara (to die for) and dry-aged steak dal forno.  Unfortunately, I couldn't have any of the pizza, but our table finished off two guanciale pies with ease.  Definitely going back to Hersh's!



FOUR


Marion Cunningham's Raw Apple Muffins are heavenly.  I baked these with my dad on Sunday night and they were all gone by Tuesday!  Very simple to make but a huge hit.  Make sure you check out the recipe -- you will be glad you did!



FIVE



Camille Beckman Hand Therapy has been essential for me this week.  As I mentioned, it has been unusually cold here all week, so I have been loading up on chapstick and hand cream to fight off the oh so dreaded winter dry skin.  I wash my hands about one hundred times a day, so I always keep some lotion handy.  I received a sample of this lotion in my November Birchbox, and I am totally in love with it.  The lotion is thick enough that I know it's working, but not too thick to where it feels sticky.  Plus, the scent - lemongrass vert & sparkling grapefruit, amazing!  The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I received only a sample size of this stuff!  Definitely purchasing more for the cold winter months.


So, those are my five favorites from the week.  Have a kick ass weekend, everyone!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment